Trend Alert: Colorblocking & Where to Find It!
The Colorblock trend was seen all over the spring and fall 2009 runways, especially in the collections of Isaac Mizrahi and Michael Kors.
Though similar to the 80’s trend, the new colorblocking trend is a little more subdued and sophisticated, but it is still a fun trend. With everything from dresses to blouses to shoes to bags, you can find this trend almost everywhere.
The best thing about this trend: You can wear little to no accessories and still look fresh and stylish in a colorblock blouse or dress, while colorblock accessories can add flare when paired with a neutral ensemble.
Where to buy:
1. This one shoulder color block dress from Alloy ($36) is feminine and trendy. Pair it with simple black heels for a polished look.
2. For a more casual take on the colorblock, get this Colorblock tank from TopShop ($24). Pair it with jeans and wear it to a casual lunch date, or wear it over your swimsuit at the beach.
3. For an ultra chic take on the colorblock trend, check out this Bow-Accent Mini Dress ($20). It’s perfect for the office or an evening out.
5. Going on vacation? Pack your clothes in the WeSC colorblock Guido Bag ($52).
6. For a mod-influenced take on the colorblock trend this Forever 21 tunic ($22.80) makes a powerful statement.
7. These perfect pink and yellow pumps ($12.99) are perfect for the summer and add pizzazz to any outfit.
8. Great with skinny jeans, this silky yellow blouse ($27.60) is a brilliant buy and will also look great during the fall too.
9. I love these belted colorblock shoes ($29.99) from Charlotte Russe! With a 4 ½” heel, they are sexy and trendy.